jueves, 5 de enero de 2012

Solo, Solo

Corozalito, Costa Rica. Word has it Pamela Anderson was just here a few weeks ago doing some sort of slutty photo shoot on a beautiful beach bit. Well I suppose I can't blame her or the magazine for choosing one of my favorite beaches in world. It is simply stunning here, the beach itself, the waves, the non-stop offshore wind, and the liberating lack of human life. I'll admit, Corozalito has more people now than she did a few years ago, and shit did the road in ever go to hell (to the point that as I write this I'm questioning how Kombi and I are getting out), but some time right around sunset the beach goes completely empty and I have the entire place to myself right till 9 or 10 the next morning. I'm camped here for a couple of nights and headed to surf Camoranal in the morning. Corozalito is also a turtle refuge of sorts making the nightly occurrence of several enormous turtles laying eggs somewhat commonplace. As well as those giant fuckers coming up right next to you while you're waiting for a wave, always startling no matter how many times it happens.

I've now driven almost all of Costa Rica and still coming back to this beach feels like home. All in all it is this that I have come to find in Costa Rica, yes I've done it before but this time it is offering me so much more. This, this Nicoya, this Samara, this Corozalito, on this trip, has a very different context and is doing my soul a lot of good. What a gauge: visit one, two, and three times, then visit by way of driving from another hemisphere and see how the place really makes you feel...

I other news I have a few more weeks to go before I roll this ol girl into Fort Collins and I'll admit it, dammit I'll admit it because it's true and I feel it. I'm getting home sick, I miss Minor, Jen, My family at Road 34, and everyone else that makes me know why I call Fort Collins home and all of these other places I've experienced just a vacation. I'm looking forward to it, maybe a little to far out but it's on my mind and in my heart. See you all soon enough... (Jen hug that baby for me)

(I'll add pictures later, my camera cable, credit cards, and Mexi's hat have been in  San Jose for the past few days.  Don't ask, long story.)


**Editors note-  No bullshit, in the two days that I stayed at Corozalito construction crews grated and smoothed the road in, The drive out was easy breezy.  I can't believe that sort of luck, holy shit...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario