miércoles, 18 de enero de 2012

Adult Films

If there are any of you out there that are keeping an eye on this blog, I apologize for leaving you hanging somewhere in Manuel, Mexico ready to cross the border the next day. I ended up on the gringo side of that very border some time Sunday night at a rest area in southern Texas knocking back a handful of cold Budweiser's and trying in vein to put to print the emotions I was feeling at that very moment. Well I imbibed Bud Diesel after Bud Diesel and the words started to flow. They flowed fast a furious and eventually led into a rant that thank God I was just sober enough not to post on this blog. I reread this rant the next day and dammit it's good shit, but I need to refine and direct all of that content a little. So no rant, no crazy shit just a good old fashioned blog post. Hallelujah!


You would have thought the border crossing into the US was going to be the hardest one yet with all of the ingredients to make a shit cake out of Kombi and my trip. Aside from how retarded the Mexican Aduana exit procedure was there was nada, none of that, none of the jazz I've come to expect from all of the best and worst crossings in Latin America. I mean maybe that's our immigration problem but shit man I simply drove over the border. One dude looked at my passport, there were no stamps, swipes, papers for Kombi(I'm not importing her), I just drove over and in. Welcome to Texas is what the sign told me. Astonishing.

Right on que my lady knows when to make a good thing better. The plan was to take a day and work on Kombi at Chicko's house in Austin then continue north to Colorado. About 15 miles south of Austin Kombi decided we may just spend three days hangin loose in the Capitol city because she just quit on the side of the road, took a knee and said this is a fight we'll continue in a few days.  I need a break man.  Luckily Uncle Chicko was in the neighborhood with a trailer at the ready and we just loaded her up and took off for his crib and a gang of chilly cold ones. (Pat, VT) Again I can't begin to tell you how wild it is that Kombi knows just where it's best for us to chill for a few days but the last two have been great for the mind, the body, and the soul. I'm repaired, Kombi is repaired, my liver is disrepaired, our memories are fresh with recounts of the "good old days" at CSU, and quality time was spent with some of my favorite friends on earth. Chicko, Banning, Mel, and Alex are perfect people for the perfect pit stop on my gradual assimilation into all things USA. I have to tell you that driving Kombi on these roads that first day I felt like that old dude Brooks from "The Shawshank Redemption" when he gets out of prison after like 70 years locked up. Everyone is going so damn fast and in such a god damn hurry. Well welcome home Will. Welcome home Kombi. Welcome home faukers.....





Went and had a cold ass beer with Mex, not sure if it's defacing his grave to tape a picture of his daughter to it but I thought it was appropriate-


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario