sábado, 14 de enero de 2012

Northbound and Up


OK so Mexico is officially kicking my ass. I figured on some easy breezy days of cruising through the country side and enjoying the sights, smells, and sounds of old Mexico. Instead I've found some of the worst roads so far on my trip and toll after toll taxing my ass for all it is worth. I'm basically just driving north along the Gulf of Mexico and was told by many that this place had great roads and great food. They were dead balls on the food part, but the roads, God damn the roads. I have met some great people though, as proof I've asked and not been denied once for a push start pretty much every time I've stopped since somewhere in Guatemala. Not only that but it has usually led to a good hearted conversation with the local population, see Kombi's starter went out back in Guatemala and I figured I'll just wait till Uncle Chicko and I can drink some beers and give er hell on fixin it. So for about 3000 km it's push starting and making friends.

I now have about 400km to drive tomorrow to reach the US border and then it's on to Chicko's place the next day. I really, really hope the US government isn't bent out of shape when they meet Kombi for the first time and all goes smooth. If I've learned anything though tomorrow should make a pretty good blog post.... See you guys states side

-Oh and mission accomplished on growing a shitload of facial hair and trying to look like the dirtiest, most grizzled son-of-a-bitch in Latin America.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario