domingo, 8 de enero de 2012

The First Step is The Two-Step

Kombi gots some new dancin shoes!
Dammit all if I didn't finally break down and spend the $220 to buy Kombi some new tires today and man is she ever happy. I've been ridin around on four racing slicks since somewhere in Peru with the idea that I would find some decent used ones along the way to get me back to Colorado. Well the gig was finally up here in Nicoya, Costa Rica when off roading to various beaches I was at real risk of being stranded in the middle of nowhere with multiple flats. Thank god Kombi saw me through those jeep roads and got us out of there with only one flat tire making the point very clear that I needed to go ahead and purchase some new, hot rubber for my lady. Today I make the crossing into Nicaragua for a few more days of surfing and then it's hopefully a strait shot to El Salvador for a few more waves before I make the push up the the US.



*Typed 36 hours later-

I just spent the last week camping and surfing the coast of the Nicoya Peninsula with some great time to myself as well as meeting up with some old friends in Samara. Rodrigo met me for a couple of days of heavy booze and little surf only to make our way to Playa Giones to meet up with another CSU amigo, Sergio. Well all in all the booze was had, the mosquitoes were battled, and the fires raged. No way to complain about the good times spent there but it was most definitely time to get out of CR and on the road north to Nicaragua. The ocean is quiet now, she sleeps sometimes just like the rest of us, but the forecast is calling for waves tomorrow and the following 4 days. Hopefully this makes the final leg of my surfing a memorable one. A day here in Las Penitas and it's off to La Libertad, El Salvador tomorrow for what looks like some epic shit. Con suerte amigos, con suerte....

(Sorry but the connection I'm using and have used the past few posts are not allowing for pictures, too damn slow)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario