lunes, 12 de diciembre de 2011

Good times, Good times

Northern Ecuador is Fucking amazing. There I said it. I've driven some pretty awe inspiring roads in my day but route 10 from the coast of Ecuador to the interior of the Andes is absolutely stunning. The size of the mountains, the density of the jungle, the waterfalls... Waterfall after waterfall, several thousand feet. Jesus man it was amazing, that's all there is to it. So that was my drive today and I really took my time doing it. (Not that I had a choice, we're in the Andes and Kombi's pace has slowed considerably) For the last three days I've been on the coast of Ecuador bouncing my way north surfing where it looked good. Again there's no swell so that really didn't pan out, but the towns and the people were top notch. So much so that I think I'll be finding my way back here at some point to spend 2-3 weeks exploring all the potential for surfing. I dropped Nate off at the bus stop in Jipjiapa yesterday at 7 am and I'm off solo now till somewhere in central America where I'll hopefully meet up with Chino, who knows. As I write this entry I'm camped at a restaurant in the far north of Ecuador. It's nice and cold and I'm tried and having a beer, so it's gonna be an early night full of great sleep. Con Suerte. I'll cross into Colombia tomorrow and begin what looks like 4-5 strait days of nothing but driving and trying to get to Cartegena as quickly and safely as possible. Here's a couple of pics to pump up the post a bit, keep it real, real homies---





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario