viernes, 22 de noviembre de 2013

Kenny Rogers.....................

It was all headed toward this.  Maybe it's because I knew that from the outset, maybe I F'd myself by not seeing the end of the road where I wanted it to end but rather where all signs pointed.  "Look at the line you want to ride, not all of the shit you DON'T want to hit."  That's what we always say about riding a mountain bike fast.  So yeah, in more ways than one this conclusion is my fault.  I was starring it down from day one.  I mean in the end Galan's irreversible instinct to go home was what sealed our fate but the fault does not lye squarely on anyone's shoulders but my own.  I simply wasn't prepared for this deal, I didn't have the supplies or the knowledge to execute whatever lofty plan I may have concocted.  Nor did I figure in any of the complexities that swarm attempting to travel, camp, surf, live via horseback.  My abilities to put out fire after fire were pushed to their end and eventually the whole motherfucker just simply burned down.  Ashes and memories, knowledge for another day, a handful of friends along the way, the beauty in failure.  The only thing better than playing and winning; is playing and losing.....  




I'll elaborate on just how we arrived at this point later, but rest assured I'm safe and Galan is home at his finca for good.  Just in the nick of time


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario