viernes, 22 de noviembre de 2013

Going for broke.... Somehow this makes sense

(written 11.20.13)


One aspect of this deal that has been working like hell to wear me thin is the fact that at each and every opportunity Galan tries to turn for home.  And I mean for real, like I stop to feed him and after the first few bites he starts to trot home.  Each time I stop him, turn him around, and explain to him that this trip has only just begun.  On top of that he keeps trying to get loose at night and trot home.  He's only succeeded once and I luckily tracked him down, but the really fucked up part is that each time he does this there is a part of me that wants to give in, wants to say he's right and that this whole thing is just a ridiculous idea that should be put out of it's misery.  But alas, each time I turn him back, away from home, towards whatever is next and down a road that has at times seemed like well, a waste of fucking time.  Who knows, I may wrap this trip up and find that Galan knew what was best all along and I should have just hitchhiked and surfed.  It's hard to say, but as I camp here at Camaronal tonight I know that tomorrow will bring perfect waves and hopefully a little clarity to push me on.  We did take a ride to the bar in El Camren 3 km away this evening, it was a  damn good time, two plates of food, 4 beers, 2 more for the road(3km ride back to camp, pitch black night), and a drunk guy who left early and wrecked his car.....  Perfect Guanacaste, Perfect Galan, Perfect Guaro, Perfect.......


Meanwhile back at camp I think that fourth shot of Guaro might have done me in.  My thoughts are pretty much exclusively on the matter at hand here.  All of my dealings with Galan, he hates this shit and I'm doing my damnedest to make it at least tolerable for him.  We're heading south tomorrow, further from home.  I'm not sure how far this trip will take us, it's literally day-to-day at this point.  At times I feel like we're finding our stride but I also know I could wake up tomorrow just to find him gone, sprinting for home....  This whole horse thing is so god damn new to me it is testing the limits.  Needless to say in all good ways, the test is legit and the endeavor noble(if not stupid), it will produce the results we're looking for.  Just takes time.....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario