viernes, 15 de noviembre de 2013

Here we go again...... again

It's been a while, almost two years ago I suppose.  Kombi and I wrapped up a truly epic journey from the depths of South America to the comforts of her home now in Road 34.  That trip set the bar pretty F'ing high for both she and I. For her part I think she has continued on with the ass kicking and has partied pretty damned hard with Markixxx while holding down the duties of sound engineer booth at 34.  For my part, well I think I held up my end of the deal.  It's been a profound couple of years filled with unexpected personal growth via the most amazing people, friends, family, relationships, business endeavors, walkabouts, booze, and booze any one man should ever be blessed with.  But alas it's time to get back on the road again.  Sure it's a little different this time - Kombi is a horse....  But a Kombi's a Kombi's right??  At the end of the day it's always been about the people, and this time I plan to meet them all.      ALL  OF  THEM!!!!!


Round whatever...  As it turns out I have the great fortune of taking one hell of a variety of different trips year in and year out.  No matter whether they are with friends, family, or solo they all seem to have their own personality and take on a unique meaning by the time it's all said and done.  So as I embark on this latest fiasco I'm left sitting here in seat 25D UA flight 1594 wondering just how this trip will be different and just what it means to take off by oneself in search of an objective so vague and so questionable it makes the first weeks with Kombi seem so distant.  The lessons learned then are in my full conscience now, the good times and break-throughs harder to find,  I know now that it's on and I mean sure the last trip of this nature started almost identically but with a 1300 cc motor on three cylinders and this time I will literally be relying on a one horse power motor.  But really does the mode of transport define the trip that much???  

Well, I'm off to find out, for as much a I loved seeing 30,000 km of Latin America with Kombi I am sure that a mere 200-300 km on horseback will produce exactly whatever it is I'm in search of.  

Did I mention I don't know a single fucking thing about horses?  


On Shred Nettles, On Shred....


At least my back pack is ready

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario