lunes, 23 de diciembre de 2013

The Idiot

So I took two different cracks at trying to write about my last 28 hours in El Salvador with almost no success.  I tried in vain to put to paper exactly what the fuck went down there that last night: the first try a terrible attempt at a comedy laden, reverse timeline of events, again trying to be clever when I'm really not and the second just a simple recital of the night.  Upon rereading and proofreading they both sucked.....  So I'll keep it simple and just say that I ended up at a rock show on the beach then the after party at a multi-million dollar mansion of an eccentric dude who was into drugs, guns, tigers, and being the lead singer of said rock band.  Shit got weird, like stories of shooting fish in the ocean from this ocean-side, cliff-hanging villa to how one of his tigers bit his finger off, to how he would get his guards to put beer cans on their head so he could shoot them off with his hand gun.  I stuck to the beers and smoked my share of grass but the rest of the party did not.  No this is El Salvador and this dude is or was VERY plugged into the drug biz.  The throttle was definitely pinned at this point and talk of drugs and guns gave way to thoughtful conversation on live music, regrets, and the US political/ economic influence in Latin America; which I must say produced pride all around when we were done.  A ride home at 4 am in an armored Range Rover brought the night to a close.  As per usual a brutally hungover morning of driving well over the legal BAC limit and 4 hours of astounding bullshit to get into Guatemala awaited me.
One of the things I did do well in one of my other attempts to write about this deal was explain why I truly LOVE a deep, nasty, soul-wrenching hangover.  God dammit it ALWAYS means you shredded the shit out of life last night, it has really made me appreciate the value in those hangovers.  If you can't see that then you're an alcoholic and your body is telling you stop so you should just give up drinking all together.

I'm in Guatemala now and the waves have more or less gone flat so I'll be headed to Mexico tomorrow and hope that some swell works it's way to Galan and I.  Though the surf was more or less non-existent I did find some cool ass beaches and people in Guatemala that will definitely be reason for a return trip some time soon.  Galan got to take a boat trip, I got to get bored and snap some pictures and video ripping down the road.  All times Crunk, Crunk.  With waves I'll be another 2 weeks or so on the Mexico south coast then blast my way through the mountains over to Texas and home.  



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario