jueves, 19 de diciembre de 2013

Focus

Sorry for the delay folks, not that people are exactly blowing me up with questions as to where and how I am, but this deal definitely deserves an update.  I'm not sure why I haven't been inspired to write about this trip very much or why I feel like this is kind of even not really noteworthy but all of that is directly represented by the lack of activity on the blog.  

So yeah, since I bought the moto some four weeks ago and gave up on the horse gig I was basically in search of what to do with my time and how I could best use the remainder of my trip (a month).  Naturally I began to get antsy driving around CR and soon thereafter started making the preparations for a haul north back to the USA.  I've driven a similar route with Kombi but knew very well that where Kombi lacked in off-road ability the moto would surely be ready to kick ass.  And there it is, I made my way through Nica over the course of 9 days with great surf and what I hope to be a successful venture into some property there..(maybe, big maybe) And I am currently drifting through El Salvador on my way north to Mexcio to hook up with George and Rankin somewhere around Puerto Escondido sometime around xmas.  Then it should be a haul up through the mountains of Mexico and into Texas to meet up with Chicko in Austin again.  Same old shit right????  Hahahaha, sure thing, just on a Suzuki 125 this time.  Man the highfives and goodtimes that have been had so far have been amazing.  Shit I think the only thing that has become an issue at this point (aside from the astonishing amount of oil Galan drinks) is breaking off the conversations every time I stop for fuel, a beer, oil, or food.  Everyone just wants to know what the hell I'm doing on this moto with this surf board, heading north?  I makes no sense till we talk it out, laugh it out, drink it out.  Then it makes sense....  

I did finally sit down the other evening and write out a lot of what it is that drives me to travel.  Kind of a big deal to be able to put into words what it is that drives my stoke.  It's long winded, obvious, and thoughtful so I won't bother with posting it, but if you want to talk about it sometime feel free to ask.  I'm not much of a talker and all but I'll find the time...  Word up party people, I'll be seeing most of you sometime around the new year.  Cheers!!!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario