martes, 14 de enero de 2014

the best is still to come

So yeah, that's a wrap!  It all ended about the same way it began.  The giant, and I mean giant smile that swept over my face and the sounds of elation that made their way from my lungs were present first on those back-roads of Costa Rica and then again on that bridge over the Rio Grande.  It's a very genuine feeling when you're that happy, when your emotional state is best described with a memory.  It excites a being that very well may be inside all of us and so seldom do they appear that even in the moment you don't realize where you are or what your doing, you're just that fucking happy, you just feel that good.  Anyway, the trip has that as its bookends.  I guess in reality it has a botched horseback adventure on one end and a 15 hour drive in a rental car full of gas fumes on the other end but that doesn't sound nearly as romantic.  No, we'll go with the standing up on the motorcycle yelling at the wind whilst inviting any and all insects into your grill and not giving a damn version.  I like that one more.....

All told Galan and I put down about 7500 km's over the course of 7 weeks.  I got to spend more time exploring Central America and the south coast of Mexico than I had the tolerance for with Kombi.  I met all of the people I was supposed to meet, they're amazing and I'll see the right ones again somewhere down the road.  The real lessons learned surely pale in comparison to the lessons to be learned from this trip.  I found all of this, all of this from one Suzuki 125 with a bald rear tire and an oil habit similar to my alcohol habit.  The freedom that Galan's reliability gave me is immeasurable, the knowledge of what is possible strikes the same cord.  I think I ended the Kombi blog with something about sitting down to write a short story or some other in depth BS about it and I guess I'll say the same now but it's probably not true.  

Who knows; I do know I'm glad to be home, I missed my friends and family here in Fort Collins, I missed Road 34 and the new bar and Sushi.  I missed mountain biking, good times, good red wine, and jazz.  I guess it's just different, that's why I love it.  There's something to be said for constantly gaining perspective and always liking what you see.......

-All Love-


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario